Monday, November 01, 2010

Tempeh Stuffed Mushrooms

So your probably wondering what in the hell tempeh is and what the hell do you do with it. Tempeh is fermented soy beans. All hail the wonder that is tempeh!

I have recently embarked on a new vegetarian, slightly vegan adventure. I say slightly vegan because I'm having trouble giving up cheese. Oh and I'm not giving up honey either. I need that for my sinuses. So, I decided to experiment with this tempeh stuff that actually is pretty tasty.



What you need:
2 tbsp. of Earth Balance butter
1/2 onion minced
1 garlic clove minced
1 block of tempeh
1/4 C. of water
salt and pepper to taste
1/8 tsp. of ground thyme
1/8 tsp. of ground rosemary
4 portobello mushroom caps
Veggie Shreds - Mozzarella flavor

What you do:
Saute garlic and onion in 1 tablespoon of the earth balance butter. Once onions become soft, add the tempeh. Add the remainder of the butter and the water. Stir in the spices and cover. Simmer for about 10-12 minutes. Spoon into portobello caps and cover in cheese. Bake for 7 minutes at 350 degrees. Serve over rice and enjoy!

No comments: