Thursday, November 18, 2010

My broccoli can do tricks!

I was trying to think of an alternative to jarred pasta sauce. Something that incorporated some vegetables and that could be pretty versatile. I pondered on broccoli for a bit and thought to myself, why not teach an old veg new tricks? I threw the cooked trees into the blender with some other goodies and made a tasty sauce that can be eaten over pasta, or over baked chicken.

What you need:

2 bunches of fresh broccoli
1-2 garlic cloves depending on size (you can add more depending on how much you like garlic)
1/4 C. olive oil
salt or to taste
dash of pepper
juice from 1/2 a lemon
1/2 C. water

What you do:

Cut broccoli and cook in a saucepan until tender. Throw the broccoli into blender with other ingredients and puree until desired consistency. Serve over pasta, or on baked chicken.

I threw some sauteed mushroom and tomatoes in the mix for some extra flavor.

No comments: