Saturday, July 10, 2010

Easy Peasy BBQ Chicken

I use my crock pot a lot. Probably more than I should, but I love it. The 6+ hour cooking times brings out the most amazing flavors. Not to mention it's super easy. Anyone can use a crock pot. Even all those people that claim that they can't cook.

The easiest recipe that I make in the crock pot is my BBQ chicken. It's warm, spicy and just plain yummy. I use Trader Joe's All Natural BBQ Sauce, a little Sriracha, and some fresh ground pepper. Throw in some chicken (or pork) and your BBQ sauce, chili sauce and pepper to taste (there is no correct amount). Cook on low for about 4 hours. When the chicken is cooked through, take each piece out and shred it up. Place shredded chicken back into the crock pot. Add some extra BBQ sauce if needed and cook for another 2 hours.

No seriously, that's it. Serve on a toasted roll and there you go!

No comments: